Check back soon for information about the 2016 Texas Balloon Spectacular. We will post information as it becomes available. Mean while, thanks to all of you who ventured out to Floresville, Texas and River Bend Villages, a hidden gem just south of San Antonio. We were proud to share our home with you and look forward to seeing you again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Friday, October 16 5pm - 9pm
Saturday, October 17 7am – 9pm
Sunday, October 18 7 am – 3pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Directions from San Antonio: approximately 34 minutes
28.7 miles via I-37 S, US 181S and 181 loop to River Bend Golf Course on River Bend Parkway.
Directions from Corpus Christi: approximately 1 hr 54 minutes
133 miles via I-37N to TX 97E in Atascosa County (exit 109). Follow
97E to Business Loop 181 to River Bend Parkway
From points north, take I-35S or 281S to San Antonio and follow
1. How do I volunteer to help with this event? Anyone interested in
volunteering can contact Cindy Cranston via email
at CindyCranston@gmail.com .
2. Is there a website? http://www.texasballoonspectacular.com
3. Are there balloon rides available for purchase? We will have tethered rides available weather permitting; these are rides straight up about 50-75 feet and back down. These rides are $10 and are sold first come first served. There are no full rides available during
the event however you will be able to purchase rides from the balloonist for a later date. These rides are approximately 90 minutes long and cost $250.
4. Is there RV camping available onsite? There is NO RV camping onsite, however there are several RV parks in the area. Please follow the link and scroll down for a complete down for a complete list http://www.texasballoonspectacular.com/lodging--dining.html .
5. How much does it cost to attend? Admission is free, we will charge a parking fee per car – advance tickets are $10 each available online. Day of event parking a cash online purchase for $15 per car. Purchase tickets at http://www.extremetix.com/events/2016/texas-balloon-spectacular/
6. What facilities are there for disabled people? Special parking areas near Lew’s Patio and Grill have been reserved for the disabled. If these spots are sold out, there will be a drop off and pick up area at the traffic circle. Please ask a parking attendant for directions. Restrooms for the disabled are also available. (Tickets available at http://www.extremetix.com/events/2016/texas-balloonspectacular/)
Can I bring my own cooler and snacks? NO. To be fair to our
license of our host, River Bend Golf Club
and Lew’s Restaurant, no coolers & food or drink are allowed on the
7. vendors and protect the
event grounds. All guests are subject to security check as they enter premises.
8. Can we bring our pet? Yes, pets on a leash are allowed. You must clean up after your pet. For some pets large crowds and noise can
be upsetting. We are expecting a very large crowd and the hot air balloons are extremely loud. Please keep this in mind when you consider bringing your pet.
9. What activities are there for children? We will have fun and free activities for children including an inflatable kids’ land, cold inflation tours (a balloon placed on its side and inflated with cold air so you can walk around inside it), a hot air balloon nightglow called “the Great Ghostly Glow”. Children are encouraged to wear Halloween costumes for the nightglow and bring a bag to collect candy. For the price of $10, children over 3 years old can purchase a tethered balloon ride directly from the balloon pilot.
10. What types of booths will you have? There are a variety of food
& refreshment vendors, art vendors, craft vendors, boutique style
vendors, face painters, antique furniture, product vendors, non-profi
vendors, and promotional booths.
11. Where can I find a calendar of